Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Time to start blogging...

For the past few weeks I've been thinking about blogging. Seriously thinking this time. Not just pretending. But the major obstacle in starting this blog was coming up with a name. A good name. Not just “Marcia’s Magnificent Blog.” I wanted something that spoke of the real me. I asked around for some suggestions, and no one came up with anything perfect. They came up with some good stuff, but...

The Fabulous Bundarama
Dreamweaving
So Good at Life

Agnostic Theologian
Mar-see-ah


All of these were good. But... none of them spoke to me. A lot of the ones that they thought of made me laugh, but they weren't really faces that I wanted to show to the world. At least not at first. And then, after days of almost constant bugging by the bear, I came up with it. The Pink Shoe. I was so excited! No, excited's not the right word. It just felt right. But then I googled Pink Shoe Blogs and came up with way too many.... and my hopes were crushed. Fast forward 30 minutes, when I decide that maybe I don't care what other people are doing. Maybe they can have their own pink shoe blogs, mine will just be better.

I love pink, but I hate admitting it... and I kept denying the fact until I looked at my closet one day, and 3/4 of the clothes in it had pink on them. And then I embraced it. I probably took it too far. Last month I made my bridesmaids wear pretty raspberry ice-cream pink colored dresses while I wore bright pink kate spades under my ivory dress...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

not to worry marcia. i'll wear that pink dress to every garden party i attend in the next six years.

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogging world, marcia! ^_^ you are off to a great start

Ricky

Anonymous said...

We have always known that you loved pink. I am just happy I didn't have a pink bow tie on the tux.

doggerelblogger said...

I like that you wore fantastic pink shoes under your gown. What an awesome touch. Cool.