Thursday, October 27, 2005

Enjoyable Evening

Tonight I walked 5 minutes to my friend and coworker's house, and then the two of us walked and additional 5 minutes to Left Bank Books to see Mark Bittman, the fabulous chef. I ended up buying two books, both of short fiction: The Paris Review Book of People With Problems and Under the Arch: St. Louis Stories. I have always loved short fiction, and although I also enjoy novels, I think that my personal bent is towards writing short fiction (even though people who know me would shake their heads and say, "That girl can talk! I wouldn't have expected that she could contain herself in short fiction!").

MF and I purchased our books and then headed another 5 minute walk (I felt so metropolitan!) to the hotel that inspired Ghostbusters and had some drinks at one of the bars. It was a good evening. We should do it again soon.

And now I'm going to real Sleep, Pale Sister quickly so I can get started on these awesome collections I've just bought!!

No comments: