Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Trials and Tribulations of a Blogger

One of the reasons I was most excited about going to the Social Security Administration to change the name on my Social Security card was.... well, it's a government institution. I thought I'd have a horrendous time there and have so much to blog about!

Unfortunately/fortunately, I showed up around 2 on Friday and had only 5 people in front of me in line. The seal of the social security centered on the main wall was cracked, and the decor was '70's minimal, but... I sat there, not having to be next to anyone, and looked at the people around me. None were sketchy. The female security guard, who, though very very butch, didn't do anything funny, and held the door for me as I left. Another potential blog gold mine.... not producing. I was called up after about 25 minutes, I had all my paperwork and documentation, handed it to the lady, who disappeared for 5 minutes and reappeared with a form for me to sign. And then I left. Very sad, actually.

So instead of a funny post, you get a picture of TWO Bat-Eared Foxes. I love these foxes. I have a special place in my heart for the fox as a breed. I hope people find it more appealing than the two headed tortoise - or at least less sassy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get some foxes like those?!! That and a Koala. Nasty coca leaf-withdrawal moodswings aside, those things are just do damn cute.

Marcia said...

Yo Bill... Koalas, though cute like you say, don't eat coca. They eat eucalyptus. Get it right. And email me an appropriate pic of a koala for use in my next cute animal pic posting.