Sunday, November 27, 2005

I'm LAZY, and I like it!

I've tried to not leave the house this holiday weekend. It's not that I'm lazy, or scared of all the shoppers, or... ok, well, I am lazy, but we'll talk about that later. Let me phrase this another way: I've tried to not get into my car and leave the house this holiday weekend. I did try to bribe The Husband (TH) into going to sushi with me last night. But we walk to that. The truth is, the reason I've not left my house is... that I've got a fabulous parking spot. The best. And I don't want to give it up.

I'm right in front of my apartment building. There's a driveway to get into the garage (which is scary and small and my large car would get in about 300 accidents in there, so TH parks there), then there's room for 1 car, then there's a "No Parking" place for deliveries and fire trucks and the like, then there's room for 1 more car, then there's another driveway, to get out of the deathtrap that they call a parking garage. And I'm in the first of those two legal spots I just mentioned.

I can see the car from my apartment. I can make sure that it isn't getting bashed by crazy people, or crazy people's cars, or ticketed, or ... I can see that I got flyer-ed, but that's cool with me. It's not car-hurting.

And I wouldn't leave the house today. I've got shit to do. But... the impending toothpaste crisis compels me. Damn it.

7 comments:

Ben said...

i understand the whole car crash neurosis. you should read mine at
www.myspousedrivesmecrazy.blogspot.com

YellowRose said...

Good parking spaces are hard to come by.....I'd be like you and not give it up! LOL

Here via Michele's!

Lizzle said...

yeah, a great parking space is like great sex... Hard to come by, you only get it on a rare occasion, and when you finally do, you want to stick with it for as long as possible!

Marisa said...

Just use baking soda. It worked for our ancestors. I'm talking about the impending toothpaste crisis, lest you think I'm offering baking soda as a solution for anything else, although it does have 1 million and 1 uses.

Marcia said...

ha! Liz & Yellow Rose - YES. You're so right. And I didn't get my spot back...

Marisa - the toothpaste crisis has passed without any casualties (or cavities). But thanks for the tip!

librarian pirate said...

finally used up the creepy orange toothpaste? YAY!

theretailjunkie said...

Glad you are loving the Retail Junkie, she love love loves your pink shoe and also the laziness. Sitting on your ass not brushing your teeth rules!