Monday, December 12, 2005

Finally

I've been promised that my passport is going to be FedExed to me tomorrow. 2 weeks past when it was supposed to get here. I don't think I'm going to have to go to Chicago on Friday (and while I'm sad I don't get to see my sister or have a multitude of drinks with Liz, I think in the long run I made out). I'm going to get to go to the drunkfest that is the company holiday party.

But, I did have to pull a bunch of strings and get some important people pissed that the passport place is FUBAR, and, most importantly, messing with my honeymoon.

But I was in a position to get important people pissed, so they would get things done for me. And I only had to throw one bucket of money at them - not the two that I had thought might be necessary.

And I'm going ot PARIS in 11 days!

5 comments:

Lizzle said...

WELL HELL... Now I don't get to drink with the princess of pink shoes.

That's a bummer.

Eh, I'll get over it. Have a sweet time in Paris. (and since you'll be spending more than one night in paris, don't catch anything!)

Logan said...

If you see a dead horse in the street while there, don't touch it. It might have typhoid.

(Just sayin'.)

Hooray for international travel!

Eric said...

[after your comment on Paris Daily Photo] Don't be mad, there are plenty of other galleries to see. This exhibit is really original though.

Kat in da Hat said...

If you haven't been before and feel you must, go to the Louvre. If you have...you should already know...don't go again. French hell on earth.

Musee D'Orsay and the Musee Marmottan are where it's at.

And the Buddah Bar.

Fun place.

librarian pirate said...

So now I have to actually *mail* you your present? How sad is that! Hopefully I can be enough of a non slacker to get it in the mail to you before you leave ... we'll see.