This morning I got up tres early, like I do on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and went to work with a volunteer program. I show up, and walk in with Matt's boss. Who sees me, and remembers that, oh yeah, Matt's had kind of a shitty project for the past two weeks. A no-weekends shitty project. A finally-turned-it-in-after-9-last-night project. And so, she sees me, and IMMEDIATELY calls Matt, and tells him to go back to bed, and to spend the day hanging out with me.
I did not object to her making this phone call.
An hour later, back at home, excited by the prospect of a mid-week day off, we made a list of all the things we wanted to do today.
Both the making of the list and the things on it made clear that we were both dorks. The list:
2) Borders (New Charlie Weis book for Matt and the Best American Short Stories for me)
3) Starbucks (To read new books)
4) Lunch somewhere cool (the Bellyfull Deli was damn cool. DAMN. COOL.)
5) Grocery store (so that I can cook)
6) CLEAN! (The fact that this was on the list, and that it got done, really, seriously, it's not good.)
7) MUFFIN MAKING (I promised muffins for tomorrow for the volunteer thing, and Matt's bringing muffins as a thank you for his day off. And yes, Matt helped. He's fun in the kitchen!)
8) Read (Again with our new books. We were both arts and letters majors. We like words.)
9) Finish this skirt I'm working on. (This pretty much happened - I've got a little more work to do, but this work involved stopping at a craft store. Which despite the fact that this was a day of Happiness and Love was not going to happen. Matt even glared at the craft store gift cards at the grocery store. GLARED.)
10) Make dinner. (I made up this Eggplant Parmigiana/Lasagna combo thing. And made extra for the freezer. Lots of extra. I love having extra food in my freezer.)
And yes, all of that happened.
And I don't want to let him go to work in the morning. :)