Sunday, May 13, 2007

Akron is a Snake Eat Frog Kind of a Town.

No, really it is.

Snake Eat Frog World

Matt almost stepped on that when we were out hiking at the Hampton Hills MetroPark today.

I, understandably, flipped out, took a picture (but not a good one, as that would require getting close), and stressed about the condition of that cute red frog's leg (um, I think I see a tendon), and the fact that the frog and the snake both took the frog's death so patiently: we were there for at least 3 minutes (I frankly couldn't stand another second looking at that thing), and neither of them so much as breathed.

5 comments:

Ellen K. said...

Poor frog. : (

Last time we went hiking, D. and I watched helplessly as a turtle strangled itself on fishing line on a log in the middle of the lake. Very traumatic.

Lizzle said...

Poor frog... I hope that snake gets a bad case of diarrhea!

Mr. Cranky said...

this is the best post in the history of blogs.

except of course for all my blog posts.

Bobealia... said...

Yikes!

Ryan Oakley said...

I love that photo. I wish it was on the bottom of my dinner plates.