Monday, October 10, 2005

I am truly a bad person.

I'm watching the movie Dodgeball for the first time. It came on HBO after Extras, and I've been yelled at before for not having seen it. And the Absent Husband is, as one would expect, absent, working on a brief, so I had nothing better to do ("What's better than watching Dodgeball?" I'm sure you're all asking. I don't know. You tell me.).

It's almost over, and I'm enjoying it. Laughing my butt off. And then, Lance Armstrong comes on. And - this is why I'm a bad person - I HATE Lance Armstrong. He slightly redeemed himself by making a possibly self deprecating speech, but then I knew he didn't really mean it in that light. And he was wearing yellow. His dumb favorite color. And I got all pissed.

But then William Shatner showed up. In the very next scene. So I'm happy again.

5 comments:

brian said...

I hate (well don't hate, just dislike rather strongly) Lance Armstrong too. Now he lives up the street and is a member of the country club I work at. What's your reasoning? The fact that he dumped his wife for a rock star or just the fact that all the hype has gone to his head? I used to really like the guy when he first started - he was very humble and a true role model. Now he's just another celebrity jackass. Not that he doesn't have the right to be.

Marcia said...

The whole "dumped his wife who supported him through CANCER and then went through in vitro to bear him post-testicular-cancer children several times (although those kids are REALLY cute)" thing with the success going to his head thing - every time I see someone with one of those yellow bracelets I want to yell "LiveStrong!" at them in an "O'Doyle Rules!" voice.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm a hater as well. But just to add some good news, the ex-wife-who-got-dumped ran the Chicago Marathon yesterday and kicked butt with a time of 3:35:29. GO Kristen!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE William Shatner.

Kiki said...

I thought I was the only one who hates (yep, hates!) Lance. Although he is a Texan (and lord knows we must stick together) the man left his wife who stood by him during his fight with cancer. And now he's engaged to Sheryl...don't get me started!