Thursday, November 24, 2005

Facts about OCELOTS:

1. They are adorable.

2. Like me, it is only found in Central and South America (.... alright, you've got me, I'm not actually found in Central or South America, except for on special occasions).

3. When this little guy grows up, he'd kill you without a second thought. He'd also kill and eat a turkey without a second thought, but, given the day, how is that surprising?

4. They only live for about a decade. And then they become beautiful rugs and purses and boots.

5. Because I don't eat meat, I can wear fur and leather with impunity.

6. I'm really a bad person at heart, but I got that $800 leather skirt by Cavalli for $200, and damn it, I'm going to wear the hell out of it! And those little dead lambies are so soft on my ass!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Marcia!

The ocelot is sooooooo cute. He is almost as cute as Tiggy, and just as evil.

Marcia said...

ohhh! I didn't know that! I so want an ocelot now! I promise not to turn it into fur...

Anonymous said...

I feel the ocelot did not get the attention it deserves. I blame Thanksgiving and turkey-induced comas. Long live the OCELOT!

doggerelblogger said...

Did I mention that our neighbour has an Oce-cat? And that it's evil? And named Oliver?

Anonymous said...

Actually they are found in southern Texas as well. Try looking up Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge for a place that helps to protect and conserve them.