Wednesday, April 05, 2006

This Daylight Savings is Really Messing With My Sleep Schedule. And I'm Not Happy About It.

First, yes, the header is new and no, it's not going to stay the daffs for long. I think I'm working of a new version of the shoes (now included: Many shoe additions! Also more pink purses! Possibly sparkly things!). I would change back to the old shoes, but really, that would almost feel like failing. So you have to look at the ugly daffodils until I change them. But at least it makes me work on something to change it to....

Second, one of my favorite coworkers had her last day today. It was especially sad for me as we carpool, and seriously, the next week or so while she settles into her new job and we commute that 20 miles seprately, is going to suck. I can't wait until we're back to riding together because frankly, we solve the worlds problems. Daily, in a half hour drive.

But as she was leaving, what did her work friends do for her? Well, we went out Chill-ax-in'


Alright, we weren't chill-ax-in', but we did sit next to that sign at the happy hour place. And speaking of the happy hour place, they had "flights" of mini-martinis. Because, frankly, they're genius. Except for that whole "chill-ax-in'" thing.



Also, there was straw beer. That is, beer drunk with a straw.


I'm gonna miss that crazy girl! (Good thing she actually lives down stairs from me. Or I might really miss her.)

Third, it's midnight and I'm still not tired. But guess when I'm going to be tired? That's right, all morning while I try and do work at work.

8 comments:

SarahReznor said...

wtf is chillaxin??? those martinis are SO pretty! must make them for my next party!

0000 said...

Erm, perchance were you Chillaxin at Houlihans? That's my office's happy hour place, too! And I did notice the mini-tini flights, too!

anne said...

Those martinis look aMAZing!!

Summer said...

Ohh, nice martinis!

Anonymous said...

I used the term chillaxin' at work today and thought of you.

I also used the terms "slore" and "slush" and DIDN'T think of you :-)

Erin said...

Looks like fun. I thought you meant strawberry beer for a minute, and that's just gross.

I came here via Blog Explosion - great blog. I, too, am a huge fan of the color pink.

Anonymous said...

I like the daffodils!

Jen said...

You are so funny. I want one of those martinis right now and be chill-ax-in at a bar.