Sunday, June 04, 2006
Facts About JELLYFISH:
1. Most people would talk first about the fact that Jellyfish have no brains, no eyes, no hearts, no bones, and an incomplete digestive system. I, however, will not mention this at all.
2. People who have nothing better to care about like to go on and on about how we shouldn't call Jellyfish "fish", as they're not fish at all. Some people prefer to call them just "jellies", which makes me think about spreading them on toast. Which, when I think about it, ew. Jellyfish Jelly? Gross. But follow that link, the photos on that page are amazing. I'm putting one of them on my background.
3. Markus has given us his own facts about box jellyfish. 8 months ago. I'm a little slow getting on the Jellyfish train.
4. If you get stung by a Jellyfish, people will tell you to bathe the sting in urine. Don't do this, the urine does not help, and it can actually activate the poisons more. Random men who run up to Jellyfish sting victims and ask to pee on them are not good Samaritans, they are, in fact, perverts.
5. When Jellyfish are dead on the beach, they dry out and looks as much like live Jellyfish as raisins look like grapes. This makes me sad.
6. I don't secretly love Jellyfish, but I am weirdly fascinated by them. In that "there's a weird blob of goo floating in the ocean, and it's pretty, but dude, it's goo" sort of way.