Thursday, July 20, 2006

Power Play

I was going to blog last night, but then my power went out. And it's likely to be out for a long, long time. The last time our power was out, when there were only 25000 people without power, it took them 2 days to get it back. With 450000 people without power? I'm hoping it will be back before I move to Akron.

Also, I show up to work? And all the buildings in my company's little complex have no power. EXCEPT mine. Because Editorial is so important it can't be without power. It makes me sad, though, that everyone's being sent home except my department.

How hard do you think it'll be to pack my apartment up by flashlight?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Since it is hard enough packing with electricity, I imagine pretty hard with only a flash light. Why did your power go out? Cause of the heat?

Anonymous said...

What happened? My friend Patti's fiancee lives in STL and said something about wind storms? I say wind wtf?

that's what i say.

linzizzle

Jay said...

Don't forget about the daunting task of eating all the ice cream before it spoils!

Virenda said...

Oh girl I feel your pain. My power was out from 6 pm to 8 am and it sucked so hard. I couldn't sleep because it was so DAMN HOT. Plus I'm a tiny teeny bit scared of the dark and everyone was asleep.

Anyone else scared that you'll forget about a lit candle and burn the house down?

Hope your power gets turned back on and soon.

Bobealia... said...

I guess the power came back on? How are you posting? Am I the only one who does not understand this? I would kind of like it if the power went out for a little while 'cause uh, well, I'd like a day off. It would super suck to have to pack in the dark though... so um, goodluck with that.