Monday, November 13, 2006

Death Cab for Bar Exams

I'm headed down to Columbus tonight for a Death Cab for Cutie concert. It's so exciting that I live somewhere where I can go to all the concerts that I want to... But I'm really excited that in a few months I'm going to be somewhere where I can do everything that I want to do and only take a subway, not an hour and a half drive.

So, that's fun.

But what I'm really thinking about?

The results for the NY Bar Exam come in tomorrow at 9am. ("WHAT?" you say, "But he took the bar exam back in July! Why the hell does it take so long?" I don't really have an answer for this, execpt for that they are asshats.)

So all my fingers, toes, arms, legs, etc., anything that I can think of is crossed. Not that I'm worried, because I'm married to Mr. Intelligent, and he studied his ASS off for this exam. (BUT. The big ass power-outage during his last studying push didn't help. Neither did our impending move. SO. That's all I have to say. I'm making myself nervous.)

And. I've got to go pick up the other concert-goers and head out of town!

(No, Mom, Death Cab is not scary. They're a wholesome family band, like the Beatles. I promise.)

8 comments:

Jay said...

Must refrain from "legs crossed" jokes...

librarian pirate said...

I love Death Cab! I'm jealous! Next Thursday I'm gonna go see BNL. THAT is exciting again!

apricoco said...

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous that you get to move to NY. I would love to do that! Unfortunately, my husband and I are stuck in Florida. Lucky, lucky you! I hope that your husband passes with flying colors!

goirishkj said...

Eeek, good luck waiting until tomorrow. I have absolutely no doubt that Mr. Intelligent did WONDERFULLY, but I hear that living with stressed-out lawyers/law students is a little difficult sometimes :)

Jen said...

I love Death Cab for Cutie!! They are one of my favorite bands. Have fun!!

Bobealia... said...

If you are going to be in NYC, I dare you to meet up with me... Can you dare me too?
Are you moving there???
(she with few friends asks hopefully)

Bobealia... said...

Oh, and if you want to live in the burbs I can help.

v said...

I must admit I really like Death Cab too. And yes, I like to call them Death Cab so I sound more manly.

Anyway, I'm always late to good songs/bands. I discovered "I Will Follow You Into the Dark". Perhaps the greatest haunting melody in the world! Or maybe not. But it's still a damn good song.