- My dad got re-elected. By a margin of almost 10 points (actually, 13290 votes to 11010 votes). Which is insanely exciting.
- I have renewed faith in an electorate who, seeing things that they didn't like in the world around them, voted for change.
- Joey Lawrence got voted off Dancing with the Stars. Thank God. I hated his little bald head and smarmy disposition, and Matt said he looked like a heroin dealer. When I asked Matt how he knew what a heroin dealer looked like, he just shrugged. (Um. Not that I watch that show. I swear. Well, maybe I TiVo it. Shhh. Don't tell. I'm embarrassed.)
- Finally, after a month of stringing me along, the bridal store told me that they'd hired someone else. But, after a month of calling them weekly, and being told they'd get back to me the next week, without them ever actually following through, I kind of didn't want to work for them anyway. (And yeah, they didn't call me. I called them, and they said, "Oh, we were just going to call you." To which I mentally replied, "Bullshit.")
- However, I think I got almost-offered a job yesterday. Working in insurance. With a heavy amount of selling. Which I hate. I'm not sure if I'm going to take it.
- But, I do think I'm going to start selling those skirts that I make. Do you think that anyone will buy them?
- For dinner tonight, I made Panzanella. It was the first time I'd ever made it, but I'd been thinking, for about two years, about how to adapt many of the recipes that I had for it into something that I liked. And I did, and it was awesome, and Matt loved it. A really flavorful, hearty, yet healthy, bread salad. I even made my own dressing. And yes, that is how I make up my own recipes - I dwell for two years before I can finally act. Which is why I probably will never write that cookbook that I always think about.
- Today Kat introduced me to DailyLit. It's a website that emails you daily installments of any classic literature book that you want to read. And if you have extra time, you can tell them, and they'll email you the next section right away, instead of waiting a day. I honestly feel smarter just knowing about it.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
A la Lindsay: