Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Nello Skirt:

I'm back! But I'm not fully recovered. Instead of downloading the 200 pictures I took this past 2 weeks, I'm finally posting some I took before I left.

So, one of my favorite bloggers ever, Nello, asked me to make her a skirt. An embroidered skirt.

But, the best, she was nice enough to let me mess around and do a different kind of fun embroidery than I've been doing.

Nello Embroidery 2

and the other side...

Nello Embroidery

I was going for an abstract-ish, big design. And I like it.

Now. The front.

Nello Front

And the back:

Nello Back

I really like the look of the smooth-edged ones. Hell, I like the frayed ones too. I love making them.

For more photos, check out the flickr set. And if you want a skirt, email me at marseeah(at)gmail(dot)com, and we'll work out all the details. And I'm half done with two other skirts, and I just got another in the mail when I got home last night... so expect more of these posts.

Also? My new years resolution? Is to be more industrious is my craft-y stuff. And I've got a lot of ideas for my crafty stuff, so watch out. :)

8 comments:

SarahReznor said...

that's awesome!!! you are talented!

Unknown said...

Marseeahh Happy New YEar!! The skirt looks great, I really like it.

Bobealia... said...

Welcome back! I had shower thoughts (where most thoughts happen) about a possible skirt making idea for you and me. However, I need money first. Keep your fingers crossed.

Bobealia... said...

crafty shower thoughts not boy-dirty shower thoughts!

Kelly said...

Thanks again Marcia!
The skirt is so great and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it!!!
You are the best!

Summer said...

YAY! Welcome back! I love the crafty lady pictures. I have the Sanat I painted on PJ's scrubs in my flickr. Pretty sweet, if I do say so myself.

Princess in Galoshes said...

Oooh! I love the embroidery! If my skirt looks half as good, I'll be thrilled.

P.S. I am going to miss our G-chats, too. HOWEVER... I may get to work from home, some days. So there is still hope!

Girl, Dislocated said...

I'm so jealous! The only crafty stuff I've done this year is crochet a few scarves and beanies. Maybe someday I'll move up to more complicated projects like yours. . .