Matt is in Cincinnati for work - for, I think, the last time until we move to New York in August. With him gone, my days lack structure, and I try to find ways to make myself useful so I don't sit around watching DIY TV and playing computer games all day. So, what have I done?
1) The unfortunate tan lines I got while sitting outside in a t-shirt on Memorial Day? I'm working very hard sitting by the pool to get rid of them.
2) Cooking. Making vegetable stock, strawberry muffins, and pickled shrimp. I'm a little scared of the pickled shrimp, but also intrigued. I hope it's good. And when it's ready in 2 weeks, I'll let you know.
3) TiVoing and watching Pirates of the Caribbean. The first one. Because Johnny Depp is both cute and funny, even when edited for content and time. Plus, I want to get in the mood to go see the 3rd one.
4) Getting Happy Feet from NetFlix. Which made me smile. Honestly A whole field of cute little penguins tapping their cute little feet in the cutest little dance ever. I almost wish I hadn't returned it so I could watch parts of it again. Not the talking parts, but the cute dancing parts.
5) Being crafty. I'll show you the results soon. I'm making a skirt for Bo, and it's looking awesome.