Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm Back

I spent a full week up in Kalamazoo helping my mother with everything that needed to be done - not that we got everything done, but we got a lot done.

My grandfather's funeral went fabulously - if such a thing can go fabulously. There was a large turnout, people said the right things, and it was a very nice occasion.

Matt was sweet - when I found out that my mother was going to be up alone at my grandfather's house, working on estate things, I decided to stay. And Matt told me that I should stay "as long as necessary, but not a second longer." And so I stayed until other members of my family came back up to Michigan.

I'm starting to get back into the swing of things here - as my grandfather really lived in the middle of nowhere on a lake, I had no internet and limited cell phone service - usually when I'm without internet, I check my mail on my phone, and I'm able to keep up that way - but at my grandfather's, I'm lucky if I can make and receive calls, and any supplementary services are a dream that will never come true.

So I came home to 200 emails.

In each of my email inboxes.

Which, understandably, took a while to go through.

Tomorrow, I'm working on a quilt I'm making for my mom out of some of my grandfather's things, and possibly making blueberry jam. Which is a lot more fun than sitting around and moping, which is what I've been doing for the past week or so. And I'm going to stop.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Glad to hear things are returning to normal, but it's good that you were able to take the time for your family. No doubt they needed it as much as you did.

SarahReznor said...

that website is so beautiful... really nice idea. glad to hear you're doing good. sorry honey :(