Nello has named me a Rockin' Girl Blogger! And, best of all, she said, "Because she puts the 'Diva' in 'domestic'. And because she likes pink." That is so perfect, it could almost go on my gravestone. I'm honored that she would even think of me! So I thought I should link to her at least 3 times in the first 20 words of this post.
And. I have too many people who I think are Rockin' Girl Bloggers (see my blogroll), but here's a few must-sees: Lena the Cheeky Lotus, Cat the Princess in Galoshes, the Fluid Pudding, Ellen of Miss E's Musings, and Kiki of Sistr sLedge.r. Read them. Please.
B) Sarah tagged me for an 8 Random Things post. I'm not going to tag anyone, but here are eight random things about me:
1) I have random insomnia. Once, I was on sleeping pills for 6 months, when it was worse, but now I just take Tylenol PM when I think it's going to be bad - unfortunately, I don't know it's going to be bad until midnight, which means I'll be groggy until noon if I take anything.
2) I'm going to Light Bistro in Ohio City tonight. Matt and I figure we have about three weekends left in Ohio (after all the traveling we have planned), and we're going to have a shitload of fun during all of them.
3) July 1, I went with Matt and some friends up to Blossom to see John Mayer, with Ben Folds opening. And, as predicted, Ben Folds was amazing, and John Mayer was ok. But the entire thing was really fun. And I took about a million pictures:
He sang a lot of his good ones: All U Can Eat, Jesusland, Army, Narcolepsy, and my favorite Postal Service song that he's been singing lately, Such Great Heights. (Here's the Postal Service's version, and here's Ben's.)
As expected, John Mayer brought out the 15 year old girls in the slutty clothes, and as expected, it was disturbing.
4) This is harder than I thought. Matt and I have set our last day in our apartment in Akron as August 15, and I'm shocked at how rapidly approaching that is.
5) As soon as Matt and I sign the lease on our new apartment (which will be the week of July 15), and I have a Manhattan address to put on my resume, I get to start job hunting.
6) After a year of inactivity, I'm more excited than I ever thought I would be to get a job.
7) I read cookbooks like they're literature. I brought home Larousse Gastronomique and Julia Child's first cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking that used to be my grandmother's. Also, my sister-in-law was just in Spain, and brought me home cookbooks from Spain and Morocco. I'm going to have reading for months. I think I'm a little crazy for reading cookbooks like this, but I LOVE it!
8) After Matt ran the half marathon a month and a half ago, he developed some tendinitis in his knee. And he developed a huge limp. But he went to a sports medicine doctor, and he's rehabbing it, and he's a lot better. He's walking almost normally now. But yesterday, while he was crossing a parking lot to go to Panera for lunch, a guy in a minivan leaned out the window and yelled, "Hurry the fuck up, Gimp-a-long!"
I found this both rude and hysterical, but I can't stop calling him Gimp-a-long.
There, I'm done. Finally.
C) A pink dolphin was spotted in Louisiana.
Now, isn't that just the cutest thing ever?
It's sad though - they live in the Amazon, and they're hunted for their eyes and teeth, which supposedly have magical qualities (um, of course they do), so they're extremely endangered.