Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I Rule:

Yesterday, I got into the car with Matt, and a pesky, ugly, good for nothing mosquito followed us in. Just as Matt was about to start driving, I leaned over and smashed it.

"A mosqito," I explained. "You should thank me. You could have died."

"Ha," he said, "but bugs like to bite you more than me, and you're the one that's kind of scared of them. Maybe you killed it more for you?"

I sighed. He just wasn't getting it.

"NO. I had a G&T last night, so I'm protected from Malaria." (This is totally true. And just another reason that G&Ts are the best drinks ever) "You stuck to beer, so you're vulnerable."

4 comments:

Jay said...

I prefer Jagermeister, which tends to protect one from self doubt and rational decision making.

Lizzle said...

Oh you're so selfless! Clearly Matt has no idea how lucky he is... I mean between malaria and west nile virus, he's incredibly lucky that you were there to save him from the perils of skeeter bites!

Andie said...

a friend of mine told me that people that eat bananas attract mosquitoes... I had never heard that before- but sure enough I eat a banana a day, and I'm a mosquito magnet.

Anyhow, I saw your link on someone's blog and decided to stop by. I hope you don't mind!

Tabitha Dial said...

I raise my G&T to you!