Monday, February 25, 2008

Congratulations!

Friday night, my older sister's boyfriend proposed to her. And she said YES!

She was completely shocked, but no one else in the family was - Johnie, her boyfriend, had kept us informed and had arranged for me, my brother, my cousin, and all of his future groomsmen (and all of our significant others) to meet he and Elizabeth out at dinner later that night to celebrate.

We ate at Asiate, the restaurant at the top of the Mandarin Hotel, and the food was amazing, as were the views. And the twelve of us who were there had a spectacularly fun time (A preview of how much fun the wedding is going to be? I think so!).

After dinner, Elizabeth and Johnie spent the night at the Library Hotel, a (you guessed it) library themed hotel, organized around the Dewey Decimal system. Which makes me seriously jealous.

I am so excited! I am so happy that she has found someone as special as she is to spend her life with.

Elizabeth and Johnie

Johnie and Elizabeth leaving the Mandarin after dinner. Can't you see how happy they are?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Dewey Decimals factored into the setup of a hotel! HOTNESS!

So happy for the newly affianced couple!

John Dedeke said...

A library hotel?! File me under 802.976 for TOTALLY F'N IN LOVE.

Princess in Galoshes said...

Oooh! Too funny. I was *just* thinking about writing a similar post, but it hasn't happened, yet. We went ring shopping with The Funasarurus' sister's boyfriend this weekend. It's happening VERY soon!

jo! said...

yay for Elizabeth! I am so so happy for her and Johnie and the whole clan. I know how much you guys love a reason to party. ;-)

Kiki said...

That sounds like such a wonderful story! Congratulations to her!

Anonymous said...

Mar, that's so exciting... more weddings for you. If she needs help picking a date you can tell her the first weekend in January is apparently a bad one for weddings and she should pick any other weekend but that one ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your sister!

wfbdoglover said...

Sweet story... congrats to your sister!