Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Work Hasn't Killed Me... Yet.

Seriously, trying to keep up my unemployed social life now that I'm employed is becoming a problem. Last week I had 3 dinners, a party, and overnight guests on the weekend - and I loved every minute of it.

But my body is complaining about all this excess excitement AND going to work. I wish I could say it was the going to work that is going to slow down.

I don't even want to think about how upset my body is going to be tomorrow morning - after my 7am session with my trainer, after which I immediately go to work. And stay there for 8-9 hours (Yeah, um, the whole 35 hour work week is not going to happen. But... considering they pay me more if I work more than 35 hours, and that Matt is working 80 hours, it's not really a problem).

But... I still do love my job.

4 comments:

SarahReznor said...

Don’t you just hate it when work interferes with you life? ;) pretty soon you’re going to enjoy quiet weekends at home – aaahhh!!!

Mr. Cranky said...

work has really been cutting into my drinking lately.

btw i am for the third time trying to start up my blog again. i moved to wordpress for no good reason. i will add you to my meager blogroll - here is my updated url:

http://anywaythepointis.wordpress.com/

Princess in Galoshes said...

35 hours is a fairy tale they tell you in the hiring process.

At least you get paid for your overtime!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're a contributing member of society and you're still pink and happy! You'll get the hang of the work/social life balance - it comes with the territory of being a New Yorker!