Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Pink Princess Pen Perfection

My fantastic co-worker J.D. (1.0, not to be confused with J.D.2.0) was in Florida all last week, hanging out at Disney. He brought back little presents for all of us, and I belive that my present is fantastic - a long pink pen topped with a poof, some ribbons, a whole lotta beads, and a sparkly princess picture.

I was at a two-day meeting all day yesterday and today... and today I used the pen the entire day. The rest of the group kind of hated me, but it made the meeting go faster....

In other news, I have again decided that if I had been in posession of a Rabbit when I lived alone, I may have become an alcoholic. NO! Not the best friend that many women talk about, the wine opener. I can open a bottle of wine with this thing in about 5 seconds. The traditional manner takes me about 5 minutes. And I like wine. But the tradition method of opening kept me from indulging on a regular basis. And I am very glad that The Husband, while not bringing many culinary items into our marriage, did come equipped with the Metrokane Rabbit.

Now, Iron Chef America has Ming Tsai vs. Emeril with Duck as the secret ingredient. I'm rooting for Ming. Don't bug me until 11.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is like a two parter post so i will leave a two parter comment. First, I enjoy that pen very much. When I am in class i use about a million different colors of highlighter and sometimes people laugh at me, but a nice writing utensil can bring such joy into an otherwise life sucking lecture.
Second, My sister has a wine opened very similar to the rabbit, but this thing actually has a stand and clamps onto your countertop so you don't even have to be bothered to hold the wine opener up.. .i mean who has the enery once you've had a few bottles of merlot?

Anonymous said...

About the Rabbit, like the Rabbit Rabbit... it is also a very handy tool. Although this is likely of more use to someone whose only source of dick is half a continent away.

Marcia said...

I am so awesome. Chef Tsai got 48 points over Chef Flay's 43. I'm so happy. And I still love the rabbit.

Anonymous said...

COMMENT! ;)

Anonymous said...

I was also cheering for Tsai. He was amazing. Didn't you just want to hug him?? About the rabbit... because I am living in sin, I don't need the "other" one, but I could use a rabbit of the same species as yours. Dealing with kids every day makes opening a bottle of wine a little too strenuous for me!

Anonymous said...

I think I need a pen like that... it might help boring lectures from psychiatrists with narcolepsy and waaaay to much make up tolerable. As for the rabbit... thank you for the clarification. I was established last night, this type does not require batteries