Friday, December 02, 2005

Inwhich I use my powers to my personal advantage

So, my new tactic at work is to bribe people. With baked goods.

On Wednesday I promised two different departments with whom I work often that if they did me big favors, I would bake them something. Anything. I offered cookies, cakes, pies, you name it, I offered it. I went home that night knowing what one of the departments wanted, but still worrying about what I'd gotten myself into with the other department.

The problem with promising all these baked goods is that, while one of the departments is in the same building that I am, approximately 50 yards away, the other department is in another building, approximately 900 miles away. In Philadelphia. I had dreams Wednesday night about how I was going to inter-office one of my fabulous apple pies to Philly. Seriously. Something is wrong with my head.

Thankfully, though, today I found that both of my bribes were successful. I delivered a batch of chocolate chip cookies to the department 50 yards away and I'm baking brownies this weekend to inter-office to Philly on Monday.

It's nice to know that capitalism still works.

4 comments:

sage said...

about a month of so ago, I put my recipe for apple pie online...

http://sagecoveredhills.blogspot.com/2005/10/apple-pie-recipe.html


would you wanta share yours? and how does one get on your bribery list?

Anonymous said...

Can you inter-office stuff to NYC? I will do all manner of favors for you in exchange for baked goods.

Anonymous said...

You make all us other EAs look bad. Can you put all our names on your bribe? Now that would be true teamwork and selflessness.

Anonymous said...

The brownies were terrific. It was like Christmas in our department. Thank you so much.