Saturday, March 11, 2006

Weekend Observations:

1) Watching Project Runway while doing laundry is depressing. There's nothing quite like the feeling of watching hot young designers make garden party dresses out of flowers then going to sort dirty men's tube socks.

2) My crisis of "post-nuptial thigh expansion" is over. Be thankful that this is the first you've heard about it, because I've been obsessed that somehow, the same size jeans that I've been wearing for 5 years suddenly can't make it all the way up my leg. Because, I thought, my thighs had somehow exploded in size. Thankfully, it has been determined that I am not a fat ass, size 26 jeans still fit me, and are a little bit loose. But this crisis has made me, for the first time in 10 years, concerned about working out and, in fact, doing something preventative about the post-nuptial expansion that Ellen keeps warning me about.

3) CNN's got a video of the triplet polar bears that were born in the Rhenen Zoo in the Netherlands. They call it a triple threat of cuteness. I call it the same. I'm so unimaginative. But it did make me look up my old Facts About Bears. I can't get the CNN link to work, so go to www.cnn.com and look for the video - it's so worth it.

4) I have to be at a birthday party for E-Liz in 34 minutes and I'm not dressed yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Project Runway is another of my addictions! I have a student who is going to be a famous designer some day, and he's going to design the perfect jeans for my booty. I can't wait! Have fun at the party!

Lena said...

Marciiiiia...it's coooming to get you no matter what you doooo.

I was a size 0 when I got married. Six months later a 4. Five years later a 6/7. Let's do the math. By out golden anniversary, I should be a 40. Wheeeee!

Anonymous said...

Knowing Marcia in real-life, and having witnessed her metabolic superiority in the flesh, I can guarantee that she is absolutely not going to pack on the marital pounds. Not least of all because she has good eating habits. No, Marcia will instead be that woman we love to hate who will stay thin all through adulthood.