Saturday, May 20, 2006

Finally

So, Matt graduated from law school yesterday.

This is what he looked like getting his diploma:

matt with dean

(He's on the left. Geez! Did you think I was married to an old, dean-looking guy?)

And the robe, hood, and six-sided floppy velvet hat were all pretty darn cool. It makes me want to get a post-graduate degree. Well, kind of. One of the speakers said they all looked like green muffins burnt tops, and it was true!

Matt wore all that, and I just showed off my sternum, drank wine, and got a little sun (at the outdoor ceremony and reception) per usual.

Matt's parents brought down a very cool gift: an antique law document from London. It's on some sort of vellum, and it's from 1671. Some sort of deed or land contract. And it's framed between two pieces of glass, as it has writing on both sides of the document.

big doc

How cool is that?

Now we're off to brunch. But I didn't want to leave you without posts for 2 days! So here it is. Enjoy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Matt congrats!!

I need to get out of Mlps.

craziequeen said...

Congrats to Matt! Now watch the money roll in [grin]

but Mar-see-ah, if you graduate, you MUST, MUST have your gown in a hot pink with purple piping...

that would be SO cool....

cq

Lizzle said...

Ha, you married a green muffin with a burnt top.

Congrats to Matt!

v said...

Congrats to Mr. Pink Shoe. I'm sure he just loves it when he is referred to in such a way. Seriously, congrats and sharp looking robe.

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

Congratulations Matt! and Marcia! (for showing off your sternum, of course ;)) xx

SarahReznor said...

congrats Matt!

Lena said...

CONGRATS!

"showed off my sternum" HAHAHAHA!

Marcia said...

Alright, my husband? Doesn't have a weird goatee. That's his tassle, for you know, graduation, hanging from his hat. What kind of weirdo do you think I married?