Monday, November 12, 2007

Friday Was a Good Day:

Friday, I got an email from my cousin Susan, saying she knows someone in the HR department of a place I'd like to work. And that she could definitely get me a temp job, and maybe something more.

Of course, I immediately email her my resume and cover letter. And she emailed me at 1pm to say she had officially passed on my resume.

At 2:10, I got an email from someone else in the company, asking me to come in and interview for 3 positions that she has available.

A) Fastest. Turnaround. EVER.

B) It reinforces what I keep telling myself (and everyone else): I'm completely qualified and good at what I do.

C) Who interviews at 9am? Apparently the gal who hopefully will be my boss. I like it, though, because it gets the interview over with, and I don't have to worry about it all day.

D) I'm wearing this outfit again, but with a different grey cardigan (Yes, I have more than one. Don't you?) and grey shoes I bought yesterday with Nello. Oh did I tell you? NELLO WAS IN TOWN. And we're best friends now. I'll tell you more tomorrow. With pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit. It pays to know people! The hardest part is getting your foot in the door so they can actually see how fabulous and qualified you are!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm sure everything will go fine.

Girl, Dislocated said...

Good luck at 9am tomorrow!

That's an awesome outfit by the way! It would have never in a million years occurred to me to pair yellow with gray, but I love the combination!

Holly said...

Good luck on your interview! I'm jealous Kelly got to meet you. Hope you two had f-u-n!

Christie said...

Yeah for the interview and hanging out with Nello! Good luck on the interview!♠